Saturday, May 14, 2011

HEAVENLY MEMORIES





I was doing a meditation to meet my step-grandpa just before I fell asleep. And I felt like I'm in a huge yet strange meadow along with 5 people. One of them was my step-grandpa, who ran after me and greet me happily. After a short yet deep conversation I had with him, the other 4 people came to me. Just then, I realize that they are my cousin, my seniors, and my grandpa in which I haven't met in my lifetime because he went before I was born. The strangest thing is that one of my seniors that appeared in the dream, which was also my neighbor, is someone I haven't met for a long time and someone I almost forgot. Last time I saw him, I was only a toddler, which is why I didn't really remember his characteristic. In my dream, he was taller and thinner, yet I did not recognize him before I came and said "You hardly remember me, did you? I'm Chodlori." These people in my dream, are all the ones who had left before me... I remember when my other senior, who died because of a motorcycle accident, hugged me and said "I miss them." I remember when my cousin said clearly "I didn't mean to left mom and dad alone..." And suddenly, I stood in front of a huge white orchid flower, alone. A voice of a man said to me "Are you sure that you are not afraid to die?"

Seriously, I was shocked when I woke up! This dream had successfully stuck in my head for days.

So this drawing is a tribute for these people in my dream; my step-grandpa, my grandpa, my seniors, and my cousin. Allow me to explain the philosophy I put into my drawing. the flower inside the balloon is a white orchid in which I saw in my dream when hearing the man's voice. I read some information about this flower, and they said that this flower symbolize purity, love, perfection, hope, and innocence. I'm not sure if these meanings have something to do with my dream, I haven't found it out yet. But here in my drawing, I symbolize this flower as memories and love. That world behind the door over there is heaven, in which explained by the Japanese writing on the corner left (sorry for my bad writing, I can't write Kanji actually -_-). The aurora is the gate to heaven. Well, I always have the thought that aurora looks like a bridge that would brought you somewhere beyond this earth. The butterfly symbolize the beautiful relationship I held with these people. And that bear was just a trademark for my drawing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment