Saturday, June 11, 2011

KRISTA, THE LOST DIAMOND

I'm going to tell you a story about an old friend of mine that I haven't see or hear in years. Her name, in which beautifully written in heart forever, is Krista. I may have wrote about her before in here, but since I've wrote about her many times I can hardly remember.

I remember those innocent Kindergarten days when kids in the class hardly accept me. I only have few close friends, and the only one that I truly adore is Krista.

Why her? What so special about Krista? Well, I was very impatient and sometimes, sad. I hardly remember my behavior back then, but I remember that some kids were getting away from me. Or maybe I was the one who isolated myself from the society. But anyways, she came, sitting beside me with a sincere smile and pure and joyful laughter. I was really happy to know that she was also my neighbor!

I remember when we were having a coloring session. I truly love this activity and very good at it. Unfortunately, everyone had finished their work, and I was the only one who haven't done it yet. I was panicking because I don't like being the last one who finished this work. Krista was about to gave her work until she noticed that my work would be very messy if I panic for being the last one. So she sat down again and wait for me. "Let's give our work together!" She said.

We would play along together all day long, either in my house or hers. I remember that she would carry all of her toys and let me play with each of them, as long as we play the game together. I remember when we met at the shopping centre and bought the same flute lollipops. They all seemed simple and innocently childish, but me and Krista understand the meaning behind them. We understand that we have each other, we laugh and we breath this life together.

Unfortunately, something sad and unexpected happened in her family and she had to move away. After the farewell, I asked my mom about her every month and ever year, until now. I miss her so much that I still remember her favorite gowns and hairstyle. I regret that we didn't have any photos together and I've lost contact with her. I searched for her names everywhere; either in facebook, twitter, and even google. But there's no sign about her. I can't stop wondering about her and I'm still looking forward to meet her someday. But I wonder if she remembers me...

Here's my drawing as a tribute for Krista. I hope that we'll meet again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment