Wednesday, August 17, 2011

SELF-AWARENESS; YOU ARE MORE THAN WHAT YOU THINK

Ever compare yourself with others? Have you ever feel the feeling of unfairness lurk inside your heart as you take a look at the mirror, see yourself, have a disgusted look on the face, and imagine someone that is more beautiful than you are, and you feel ashamed of your body?

Well, I did.

I am not a beautiful girl. I am not elegant, I am not slim, I am not pretty, my hair is not silky. To be honest, the only body part that I like is my pair of eyes, because it's brown and deep. I often blamed my physical appearance as something that makes people don't accept me. I often wish that I was born beautiful with silky hair and slim body so people would adore me more.

I've been struggling over this feeling from time to time, until my inner-self told me about this;

That this body is NOT my true self. It's only a tool to perform a roll in this world. My true self is immortal, powerful, aware and bright... its ability is unlimited. It cannot be crush by anything.

We're only using this body for a while. The physical body is mortal, and yet we will use different bodies from time to time.

We always thought that we ARE this body, this body is our true self, our true characteristics, our soul. That is why, we often feel unsatisfied with what we have in our physical body. We sometimes feel that it's unfair to have such imperfect body while others could feel confident with their beautifully-created body and face. Well here's the truth; there is no such thing as imperfection and ugliness.


You see, our God is perfect. He creates such beautiful panoramas around us. Take another look at the flowers. If the flowers were created perfectly, so did you. So did all of us.

The body is a tool to perform our missions, purpose of life. Like a puppet performance, the puppet master MUST adore the doll he/she would use to ensoul his/her part in the show. If the puppet master does not like his/her puppet, he/she would not have such successful show. He/she will forever suffer in dissatisfaction.

Love yourself. You are more than what you think. You are bigger than what you've thought. You're not only a walking human body that you might dislike for its appearance, it is not the true you. You are a soul, a beautiful soul, that currently takes a roll of this huge performance we held together. Yet, you need a tool to perform perfectly, which is your body, your physical appearance. Your performance would be nothing if you do not adore your special tool.

Be aware with your true self. Listen to your inner voice, let it guide you. Hold your heart and let the love spread on your soul.

http://www.gemmastone.org/
Namaste!~

No comments:

Post a Comment