Monday, August 22, 2011

AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

16 years old. Breathing in the hands of imagination and fantasies, until the present carried me to reality.

I used to read stories all day long, or at least create them myself by picturing the tales. During the midnight, I would sneak out through the visitor room's door to stargaze, discover that it's a big universe, and I'm a small part of it. When the sun awakes from his sleep behind the green mountain, I will run outside and found myself standing in the middle of an open forest. When I was little, I always imagine little fairies dancing through the leaves of trees. But now I realize that they really are real.

As the color of the horizon changes, I carried my bag and my head full of imagination with me and went home, where it's safe, warm and secure. Where my parents await me for dinner. Where I can take a warm bath before sneaking out again in midnight.

That is my past. My personal piece of happiness, despite the bitterness I had during childhood. The past remains as a memory, and now the present takes turn in raising me.

My life has completely changed. It feels like God has erase all of my old days and draw the new ones. Fate took me to a brand new place called the city.

The city. A place with many different people coming from different backgrounds. A place where I found my best friends of life. Culture shock? Of course. In fact, a huge culture shock. I never thought that I would have to survive this hard. Anger and loneliness began to grow inside of me. I don't know what to do and I feel like I'm dying inside for having nothing and for losing all I used to do back then. No more waterfalls, no more clean celestial sky to stargaze on, no more forest. I was depressed for months, to be honest. And seemingly, nobody completely understand this. I don't blame the place nor anyone around me, but I just can't stand on the loneliness back then. Perhaps it is my fault to expose my true feelings, for hoping too much that someone would listen to me.

Every night, I lay down on my bed and imagine a beautiful city where nature can still embrace every living beings inside of it. I will wait for this to become a reality. It is the future of every city, and everyday brings us to the future.

I'm starting to see better days. Despite my culture shock, I learn about the true meaning of life, and the true meaning of friendship. I learn to be strong, gaining wisdom from each day I spent in the city. I began to discover the adventure from the pain and happiness I receive in such wild place.

My soul, however, does not belong to the city even tough I am present here. My heart will find its home again, I believe.  And I sense my pathway to the true home is coming closer to me. I just have to be patient and accomplish my duty in the city, learning and learning everyday, enjoy it because someday, I will not be in such place anymore.

Nature, I'll be back.

I was raised by my parents, and nature.
And now, this is what I've become. Thanks to nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment