Friday, September 9, 2011

PETALS OF JOY



Here comes the light, shining through a crystal clear window, as the clock was ticking silently and every beings dance inside their head. A princess, gently touch the silver moon from the glass, imagined a tune of serenity embrace her room as she wore her silver ballet shoes and began to move elegantly in joy. No one but her own pair of eyes and the Universe witness the magical night she went through. As she stopped dancing, sparks of light surrounded her. "Why such beautiful ballerina dance at night, when no one's watching?" A voice said.

"Why? I never even asked this myself." She said. "Why I love to dance? Why I dance at night? I do not even know. One thing I knew for sure is that I enjoy dancing."

"Well then, I shall give you this bucket of roses," the voice replied, as the light began to form a winged fairy holding a bucket of roses and offered it to the princess. "You shall water the roses with your graceful movements. Do not forget that these roses are magical and powerful, do not lose them." The bright fairy disappeared under the shining stars that enlighten the room, leaving the confused yet amazed princess alone.

Each night, the Princess dance elegantly and joyfully, making the roses grow beautifully as its gorgeousness impressed everyone who sees them. Each time the Princess did her movements, she checked her roses, feeling satisfied.

One day, the King opened his castle for everyone to celebrate his 'giving day'. The Princess stood behind the King, staring at everyone who entered their castle. A boy with dirty robe walked in and sighted the magical rose with amazement. "My mother is ill," he said. "None of the provided medicines nor experienced doctors could healed her and we have spent all of our piece of gold to cure her, and all I can do now is making her happy. My mother loves roses and I am looking for the finest bucket of it. Your Majesty, can I please have those gorgeous roses of yours?"

"What?" The Princess said in anger. "Let no one but me have these roses! I am the only one who can keep them, and I made a promise that I will not lose them. I am also the one who watered these every night! I am the only one who was authorized to own these roses!"

The boy wept silently, walked outside of the castle while drowning himself in sadness. The King looked at her daughter. "And let no one, even a princess, hurt the heart of a little boy."

The Princess left, pouted by the day. She stared at her roses and noticed that they began to withered. "Oh, what shall I do?" the Princess panicked. She carry her bucket of roses to her ballet room, making many movements until the sun hid its appearance under the horizon.

The Princess checked her roses once again. The roses' petals changed their colors into clear silver. It was so clear, the princess can even see her own reflection. But then, her reflection transformed into a familiar face in which the Princess saw earlier. It is a sad face, indeed, and the princess tried to wink and stick out her tongue. The reflection of the sad boy followed.

on the golden bucket, a figure of a pale woman appeared, making the exact movements the Princess made. The Princess ran in confusion. "I do not understand such strangeness! My dear fairy, what shall I do?" the Princess spoke under the moonlight. She waited, until she fell asleep on her glamorous bed.

The Princess searched for her comfortable sandals but she can only found a dull pair of shoes made of cardboard. She was surprised to see herself wearing dirty robe, something that the princess shall not wear. She ran outside, sighting a completely different view. A woman coughed on a dull, dirty couch, too weak to walk nor to speak. Feeling bad, the Princess opened all existing drawers to find something that may heal this woman. As she looked back, she witnessed a completely different woman; happier and healthier while holding a bucket of roses on her lap. The Princess opened her eyes, surprised. It was just a dream.

She wore her clothes, picked her roses, and quickly ran from the castle alone. She passed many houses and trees to find a small dull house that stood in the middle of the town. A sad little boy sat outside and noticed the hurried princess. "Your Highness! Please do not come into my house, it is not worth for such person like you."

The Princess smiled. "It is okay! I am here to give you this." She handed her bucket of roses to the boy. "It is for you, for your mother that is. I hope this will cure her." She walked away, leaving the silent boy behind. Just as she passed the gate of the town, she heard the boy cried happily behind her. The magic must have cured his mother, she thought.

It was getting late. The Princess did her dancing ritual inside her ballet room. She opened the door, ready to dance joyfully once again, as she noticed a bucket of magical roses awaited her on the floor. She did not lose any of the roses.

*Namaste*

No comments:

Post a Comment