Saturday, April 30, 2011

WHEN ARTS AND MELODIES COMBINED; DREAM THEATER

I am so in love with this band! Well not everyone adore the kind of music they're playing, I know. But one thing I noticed from this band is that they combined advanced techniques in playing the instruments with the power from feelings and emotions. And I also felt sad when I heard that Mike Portnoy is leaving the band; he wasn't planning to leave actually, he was just taking a break but as he asked the band to rejoin, they rejected him. Sad thing :( And now, here's Mike Pangini, the new drummer of Dream Theater! Dream Theater sure is lucky to have him, he sure is a virtuoso! I adore his skills and emotions when playing the drum :D

And here are my favorite DT songs:

WAIT FOR SLEEP

More to classical, I think. I love the way the lyrics and melodies unite! I'm currently learning this song on the piano, enjoying every note of it. I listen to this almost every night before I lay myself down on the bed :D I heard that this song is about a friend of Kevin Moore. She's a spiritualist and having hard times in her life, so he then wrote this song as a tribute for her. Such a lucky woman, every woman in the world would love to have such beautiful song as a gift! Also, this is the top comment from youtube: "Try to listen this song when you are lying in bed before bedtime and try to picture lyrics as the song is playing. Very beautiful!" VERY TRUE!

PULL ME UNDER

Somehow the strange melodies from this song are always stuck in my head. They go well with the lyrics, and the lyrics are also very epic!

OCTAVARIUM

Despite its length, this song is well-written and I once again adore the melodies that came out from this! This song brings such precious moment for 24 minutes. I've seen the live version, and was speechless when seeing Jordan Rudess playing that keyboard and synthesizer? Well I'm not really sure what instrument he played besides the keyboard but the passion and the joy he shows were really impressive! Thumbs up from me! Also, I often listen to this song when going home from school in the car :D

THE DANCE OF ETERNITY

Very complicated yet well-done melodies! The drum was epic, so as the guitar, bass, and keyboard :D I was really REALLY impressed when listening to this! It is not easy to create such masterpiece.

Well, that's all from me right now. See you all soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment