Sunday, July 22, 2012

THE PRESSURE'S ON

New Semester. New class. New challenge. New tasks. 

I am officially a 12th grader, meaning that this would be my last year in high school. Kinda sad to think about it, to think about how this is going to end while I was just taking my first step to move on from Junior High. To think about my struggles in grade 10, and the fun and enlightenment in grade 11. I am not the type of person who loves school systems but I have to admit I learn so much in high school. I learn about friendships, the society, and other things that matter a lot for me. I am also a bit scared and excited because this is gonna be the year that will shape my future. 

People begin to ask me those general questions for all 12 graders; "which university you would like to attend?" "what's your choice for college?" "what do you want to be?" and I am always speechless and confused. To be honest I still have no idea. I've been thinking about taking Medical School but it is said to be the most expensive of all and also the hardest (well no kidding). It takes around 7 years to be able to become a doctor. And most Med School students wouldn't have much time to do anything else but studying and memorizing the materials given to them. I do mind. I don't want to focus on academics only. There are things I really want to do later besides continuing my studies. My family, however, hoping that I'll be a doctor because none of us has ever been in med school. 

My other choices are Industrial Engineering and Psychology but then again I'm not really into engineering despite the fact that I'm a physics student. Psychology may be suitable for me, tho. Well... still, at this moment my choices are still pretty much abstract. My actual passion is astronomy but since it's not necessary in here I have no other choice but to look up for other possible studies. 

For sure I have to be careful not to take the wrong studies because I have to deal with them for years and they will decide the possible future jobs I'll be taking. 

And the way to the future starts... now, in the year where I am becoming a 12th grader. 

I kinda understand why most adults and college students told me they miss being high school students. 

2 comments:

  1. As a 12th grader, I too am confused on what study I'll be taking next year. I was thinking of taking Computer Science, but Business School looks interesting and it had clearer prospect.

    (jadi ikut2 pake inggris, sori kalo ngaco hehe :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lana it's okkk no need to apologize lah. your english is good ;)

    ReplyDelete