Wednesday, July 4, 2012

ROBIN; EVERYONE'S FAVORITE MALE DOG

My big families have dogs, and of course I knew all of them. I also have two, a sausage dog named Snowy and a big dog named Robin. He's 2 years old he's the newest in our fams but he's very special. 

He's pretty much a mysterious dog, came from my uncle's neighborhood. A guard brought Robin to my uncle's house, regarding that he owned dogs, and he might be interested to have him. The guard said that his original owner was a child who lives nearby, but he could not take a good care of him so his parents decided to give him away. At that moment my uncle already had 3 dogs, but he kept Robin anyway because he adores him. That time, Robin was only around 6 months old. 

My uncle asked me and my grandma if we would like to keep him as a guard dog, since grandma does need a dog to guard the house at night. Robin is a half-retriever and half-herder, so he's big in size and he barks and runs a lot. But at the time I first saw him he did not barked at me, rather licking my arms and cried when I left. Grandma and I eventually adore him, and we decided to keep him here.

We already have a little sausage dog named Snowy, and we feel bad for her because we aren't in the house all the time and she was there all by herself so we decided to gave her a friend. So ever since Robin came, the house is not a quiet and peaceful place anymore. Every morning and every night, there will always be barks, here and there. Robin himself is a very hyper dog, and we were getting exhausted of controlling him. But after all of the chaos he did, he's still a good dog, and the only one who's so very happy and excited to see me coming home from school, especially when I bring some leftovers from lunch. 

Out of all dogs I've owned in my entire life, I must say that he is the best. He was there with me when I struggled against the culture shocks during the 10th grade, and is still there when I'm enjoying my 11th grade life. Sometimes I'm annoyed by his noisy and chaotic behavior but out of all, he's a happy dog who loves to entertain everyone. 

Months ago I was having a hard time because of things that I have to handle on my own, but I did not say anything to anyone so nobody noticed. Robin, the hyper dog, was not being hyper when he saw me, and that was pretty much unusual. He sat in front of me and stare at me for a long time, seemingly trying to ask if there's anything wrong. I hugged him, and expected him to jump at me since it is his usual reaction each time I hug him. But he did not. He sat still. From that day I concluded that dogs are more emphatic than humans themselves, and this is why dogs are man (and girl)'s best friends. 

Dropping stuffs is one thing that this dog often does so it's not so surprising for us and he usually act as if nothing's happened, but few days ago he dropped my mom's bike and just looked at me with a guilty expression on his face while putting his tail down, trying to say sorry. As I brought him to the corner of the garage to tied him there, he licked my arm and pushed my leg with his nose. That melted my heart but I do regret that did not notice how strange he's been acting ever since. 

As a male dog he eats a lot, perhaps his daily portion is twice than my own. But he is still very skinny although he had his once/6 months vaccine. Lately he's not being hyper like usual. He did not jump on the backyard door to see if there's anyone in the living room. He entered the house calmly. He did not cry when he heard our voices in the living room. Mom and I have already noticed how he changed, but we did not know that this would happen. 

Nothing's sadder than seeing Snowy laying in the backyard all by herself without her giant friend, and hearing about how shocked Grandma was when she knew that Robin had died (she's currently in the US so she hasn't see Robin for more than a month). Before she had Robin and Snowy, Grandma had a favorite sausage dog and a golden retriever, but both died. She must be in trauma now and it would be hard for us to find another dog for both Snowy and Grandma. 

Even when I'm typing this right now, I still can't believe this. Rest in peace, buddy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment