Tuesday, June 9, 2015

GETTING OUT OF THE HOLE

I wasn't being opened to people because one of the things that I fear most is judgement. I was so afraid that people would think I'm an attention seeker or some sort and think that I'm crazy. But on the other hand, I'm completely aware of my situation and I know that I really should seek for help. It was consuming me, and years ago I almost put an end my own life. Even though I feel much better now, in some days it would visit me and try to bury me with dark thoughts. 

Depression is an illness, it can be fatal and people who suffer with it needs to find a way to cure themselves. Some people seek help from religion or another way of God, some seek professional help, and some from their closest friends. I eventually found a personal way to help myself, but sometimes I feel like I'm being a burden to people around me. And I was afraid that they did not hear my cry for help or worse, they don't really care. Some people I know think that I was just being lazy for laying on the bed and sleep all day (liteally) but the truth is, my heart was heavy. But even to this day, I survive, and I will always do. I don't want to let my loved ones down. 

As a survivor, I want you to please, help a friend or a family member you knew suffering from depression before it's too late.

Below is an artwork I made myself, after suffering from suicidal thoughts. I don't usually have a dark idea and concept on my artwork, so I think this is a valid proof of what I've been through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment