Saturday, September 28, 2013

WOMEN ARE NOTHING BUT SEX OBJECT?

Seeing and listening to a music video that involves nude women, I learn that it was actually made to degrade females. For some people they were just expressing fun and ‘playful’ atmosphere of the song. On the other hand, I see it as nothing more but sexual harassment. This is proved by the singer’s statement that "What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman". (It makes me wonder what his mother and grandmother would say.)

This video, however, is just a small case compared to what is happening to our sisters in some regions of the Middle East and everywhere else. Their rights to speak up are taken, and they have to obey traditions that would bring their fate to nonstop abuses from a very young age.

I always hate the idea that women are nothing but sex objects. I also grew up embracing some memories related to this. I get to see people treating women as if they are a disgrace to these people’s lives. We can all see that this idea is spreading all over the society. Everyday there are rapes and sexual harassments, literally everywhere.

Seeing from realistic perspective, I have very little power to prevent more sexual assaults. But I know there’s always a way. After learning this the hard way, my dream become a successful female scientist grows stronger than ever.

What does becoming a successful female scientist has anything to do with preventing sexual assaults? By being a successful scientist, I can show the world that women are more than just sex objects. Their forces are essential to balance our life in society, and they also have the power to make a difference. They can contribute in building welfare and bringing justice to all human beings. 


And when they follow their true dreams, The Universe dances with them in grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment